Mr Leon Taylor - Artist

My photo
Auckland, None, New Zealand
I am Mr Leon Taylor Artist/ Illustrator / Designer/ Character Animator / Musician . I work for myself as a freelance artist. I am open for commissions and collaborations, contact mrleontaylor@gmail.com I post my creation process and experience here. https://twitter.com/#!/mrleontaylor , http://www.soundcloud.com/mrleontaylor , http://www.tumblr.com/blog/mrleontaylor

Mr Leon Taylor's - Blog Archive

Monday 14 May 2012

Character concept - Dr Varulv Hund

I love animals a lot.
I am also enjoy thrillers and horror films.
I do find it really hard to watch animals been mistreated. I had always want to see these owners that mistreat there pets to suffer and tortured the same. Its only horrible if its human. When in reality I think a lot of  its all the same pain. Do you think a young elephant feels no pain watching there mother be murdered? That's watching your mum die. Many humans believe they have no "feelings"  like this or sad, fearful, happy, joyful, scared or even a thought process outside there natural instinct. I know these seem like hard truths. But its only a small snip of reality that write and much of it is at our door steps. Even across the world. Bears are chained and made to dance, Dogs are bred to fight each other, cockfights happen with razor blades. This actually happens, is happening.

 I came up with this concept loosely based on a werewolf like dog that avengers the deaths of murdered and tortured pets. He skins and wears the flesh of the tortures. Some will be caged faceless and naked with many more and tortured forever. Others will have a chance. But scarred forever they will be. This is all work in progress (WIP) but the idea is very straight forward.

Its the time period I am thinking of most at the moment and where and when most interests me.

Logline : "They think I am dangerous.. I know I am." - Dr Varulv Hund