Mr Leon Taylor - Artist

My photo
Auckland, None, New Zealand
I am Mr Leon Taylor Artist/ Illustrator / Designer/ Character Animator / Musician . I work for myself as a freelance artist. I am open for commissions and collaborations, contact mrleontaylor@gmail.com I post my creation process and experience here. https://twitter.com/#!/mrleontaylor , http://www.soundcloud.com/mrleontaylor , http://www.tumblr.com/blog/mrleontaylor

Mr Leon Taylor's - Blog Archive

Wednesday 31 August 2016

FORBIDDEN BREWING CO. 2016 - CURRENT AND NEW FLAVOURS

FORBIDDEN CIDER CO.

Working for this Family cider company has been amazing and a dream come true for many years. We learned on the run what works and what does not but ultimately I have always felt there is no wrongs just the best of my ability at the time. Over time I have really made this brand and its look appealing and still with all the integrity and not destroying what we have already built. Two things stayed  visually and one got a trade mark. SIMPLY APPLE CIDER and LADY PINK CIDER tm  have only had minor tweaks over the years. This has become the backbone of the four core products that we want to see on shelf and can see all over New Zealand.

All Art from the first idea to pencil to Photoshop is by me. All LAYOUTS have been put there by me Mr Leon Taylor because I like to make sure quality the entire time and I trust my process. I communicate with Label companies, Make sure the best files are used for all types of media while  monitoring the overall look of the brand.

We can finally say we have built something recieving a dozen awards over the past three years including Champion Cider of New Zealand at The Brewers Guild awards at the end of 2015 for SIMPLY APPLE.

1) SIMPLE APPLE CIDER


2) LADY PINK CIDER tm

3) HOPZILLA - CIDER WITH HOPS

4) LUCIFER'S REVENGE - CIDER WITH CHILLI


CURRENT - LIMITED AND SEASONAL RELEASES IN NEW ZEALAND:

1 )WAGGLE DANCE - CIDER INFUSED WITH HONEY
AVAILABLE LATE SEPTEMBER 2016


2) PEARY BOMB - PEAR CIDER WITH PLUM
(ONLY AVAILABLE AT THE CIDER SHED IN WARKWORTH - RELEASED MAY 2016)


3) CHOC-ZILLA - CHOCOLATE CIDER
(COUSIN OF HOPZILLA)




NEW LABEL AND FLAVOUR OUT OCTOBER - IMAGES TO BE RELEASED LATE SEPTEMBER
4) THE BOUNTY -  CIDER WITH CHOCOLATE AND COCONUT

5) THE CASTAWAY - CIDER WITH PINEAPPLE AND COCONUT
(REDESIGN)


LIMITED NEW ZEALAND RELEASE - RELEASED IN CHINA AND SINGAPORE
6) CIDER WITH KIWIFRUIT


PAST LIMITED RELEASES CURRENTLY NOT IN THE MARKET
(FORMALLY KNOWN AS FORBIDDEN BREWING CO.) :

7) CIDER INFUSED WITH MINT AND LIME


) CASTAWAY - CIDER WITH PINEAPPLE AND COCONUT
(This is the original design based on the LOST plane turned in to a brewery, has now been updated to THE CASTAWAY after receiving Bronze at The Beer and Cider awards at the end of 2015)