Mr Leon Taylor - Artist

My photo
Auckland, None, New Zealand
I am Mr Leon Taylor Artist/ Illustrator / Designer/ Character Animator / Musician . I work for myself as a freelance artist. I am open for commissions and collaborations, contact mrleontaylor@gmail.com I post my creation process and experience here. https://twitter.com/#!/mrleontaylor , http://www.soundcloud.com/mrleontaylor , http://www.tumblr.com/blog/mrleontaylor

Mr Leon Taylor's - Blog Archive

Monday 25 November 2013

ACNZ group project "STARFISH" - Term 4 week Seven Part 2 of 2

LIGHTING: has been a very, very large learning curve. We wanted shadows and it to be believable that we are at the beach and a nice day. The problems we faced was consistency scene to scene and shot to shot. We needed to make it look the same. As some shoots are up shots, some are establishing shots. Jamie and I did several test renders before being 98% happy. Because there is always something you wish to change. Time being our only enemy. After an intense 2 days of lighting across all the three scenes.

RENDERING : Overall the rendering is going well and we left enough time to re-render scenes that may not meet the lighting requirements. Rendering takes time. But making sure it is set up 100% before you press that render button is crucial.

AFTER EFFECTS: After all the final scenes render out we will composite it in aftereffects and add our sand effect in the castle destroying scene. I am interested to see the final render. But keeping quietly confident.