Mr Leon Taylor - Artist

My photo
Auckland, None, New Zealand
I am Mr Leon Taylor Artist/ Illustrator / Designer/ Character Animator / Musician . I work for myself as a freelance artist. I am open for commissions and collaborations, contact mrleontaylor@gmail.com I post my creation process and experience here. https://twitter.com/#!/mrleontaylor , http://www.soundcloud.com/mrleontaylor , http://www.tumblr.com/blog/mrleontaylor

Mr Leon Taylor's - Blog Archive

Wednesday 31 August 2016

Concept Designs for Alien Planets - July Exercises

Making time to upskill in areas I need to is not easy to do. I think I always want to get better no matter what I do / have done, I've always wanted a to be the best I could be. Even when I flipped burgers for 10 years at the golden archers. I wanted to flip the best and wrap the best and serve the best. It's who I am. So when I started doing art again after not drawing more than a few skulls in 15 years and at school only. I took on a challenge. 7 years ago I just wanted to do the best I could and better than yesterday. Now I can Art whatever and whenever I want. Here are 4 paintings I have done in my spare moments in the past two weeks. This is a new record for me and keen to keep this up to get to some #blizzard#weta #nickkeller #whitecloudworlds levels of #kickass in the near future. Just do the best you can at what you do, surprise yourself. 
#art #artist#artwork #artcollective #draw #drawings #sace #alien #aliens#alieninvasion #imaginefx #digitalpainting #gateway #portals #destruction#atmosphere #imaginefx #upskilling #upskills #push #skills



01) The Place that is Unknown - My first exercise I wanted to show scale and distance and have some stars that are believable: 




 02)The Vision of Invasion - Wars may be going on in galaxies we have no idea about between species and life forms we have yet to see. War and Democracy are not friends but they are close allies no matter what side you are on.
Second time with my new brush set up and I am loving it, obviously ha ha. This is Blizzard inspired and because I am still pumped about all the details of the Warcraft universe. #warcraft #warcraftbeginning #blizzard#conceptualart #design #inavsion


03)The Larvich Alien Invasion - Earth is being invaded and nothing can be done to stop Larvich Nation and interplanetary domination. This is what two worlds look like when they are about to collide head on.
Working on some new textures and brushes in preparation for some exciting new projects I have coming up. Sky, Fire, Environment interaction and Space textures. These are brushes I have picked over the last few weeks and starting to use more of Photoshop and it's endless capabilities with fresh new approaches.

04) The Unsettling Turbid Gateways - On the planet Grududor is a gateway/wormhole to other galaxies. But as humans we can never go or see it because the elements are far to harsh for most things within our galaxy. This is the forth addition to my set of conceptual design and artwork. It has been so beneficial doing these exercises to push my skills to the next level digitally.