Mr Leon Taylor - Artist

My photo
Auckland, None, New Zealand
I am Mr Leon Taylor Artist/ Illustrator / Designer/ Character Animator / Musician . I work for myself as a freelance artist. I am open for commissions and collaborations, contact mrleontaylor@gmail.com I post my creation process and experience here. https://twitter.com/#!/mrleontaylor , http://www.soundcloud.com/mrleontaylor , http://www.tumblr.com/blog/mrleontaylor

Mr Leon Taylor's - Blog Archive

Tuesday 6 September 2016

Painting and Mr Leon Taylor - 2016

Painting in the flesh has always had a really amazing feeling in person and a feeling that no photo or scanner will ever truly come across. It was my goal since December 2015 to pursue the medium and feel comfident using it. I have so far used reference to paint a forest, replicated some of my favourite album covers and even try break some rules to make something exciting and different.
1) A forest in question, what is at the end? Acrylic on stretch canvas.  FOR SALE. Email mrleontaylor@gmail.com








2) Hogwarts "Dorm Paintings" Oil and Acrylic on canvas board  FOR SALE. Email mrleontaylor@gmail.com



3) Large Mural - THE CIDER SHED - Warkworth - Home of Forbidden Cider Co. Acrylic.



close up on Apple tree half way through


4) Abstract / Textured painting - FAMILY GREEN STONE - 3 Acrylic and oil on paper mashay and pva covered canvas (set of 3) FOR SALE. Email mrleontaylor@gmail.com






5) Texas Chainsaw Masacre 2 - Oil Painting on stretch canvas .  FOR SALE. Email mrleontaylor@gmail.com



6) PIG DESTROYER - Terriyfier- Album replication Oil Painting on Canvas (SOLD)



7) CONVERGE - JANE DOE - Album cover replication (SOLD)






8) What Frame? This is a upcycled frame I painted this night scene to practise light with limited colours.